Gili Air was our favourite of all three islands. It has the best of both worlds from parties in the bars throughout the week but you can escape this and listen to some live music at a bar or watch a film at the open air cinema if you prefer. We stayed at GLD White Bunglows, they were spacious clean and comfy. Only a stones throw from the beach and a walking distance from most popular bars and restaurants.
Our top 5 places to eat on Gili Air
- Pachamama Organic Cafe – The food here is delicious, tucked away in the middle of the island, its worth the cycle!
- Mowies Bar – Great place to watch the sunset and the pumpkin gnocchi is delicious!
- The Mexican Kitchen – Lovely food here on the beach, try the avocados from the RAW section of the menu, they are amazing!
- Good Earth Cafe – Great healthy food.
- Scooperific Cafe & Gelato – Closed to the harbour serving crepes with every topping you can imagine!
Top Things to do on Gili Air
- Snorkel – Don’t bother with a snorkelling trip just hire a snorkel from the side of the road and enjoy snorkelling off the coast of Gili air.
- Rent a bike – We spent a day cycling around the island, stopping at bars and for lunch along the way.
- Open Air Cinema – Linked to Hotel Ombak Paradise, they show different movies every night and for 70,000 Rp with a beer and popcorn included you can’t go wrong!
Tips for Gili Air
We think all the tips we included on the Gili homepage relate to every island, there all quiet small and very similar. Check it out here!