After an eight-hour journey due to having to interchange at Kuala Lumpur we arrived in Bali! We jumped into a Grab and headed to our hotel. We stayed at ‘Ibis Bali Legian Street’. The rooms were extremely clean and comfy, they have a lovely rooftop pool and it is close to Kuta or Seminyak. It was only 450,000 Rp per night for a double room. We spent a few nights here and spent our days exploring Seminyah and Kuta. We also explored the Uluwatu Temple.
Our top 5 places to eat in Seminyak
- Crate Cafe – It’s speaks for itself on Instagram but the food here is amazing, slightly out-of-the-way but worthy of the journey.
- Grain – Lovely food and juices, a great atmosphere even the chef comes out to ask you how your food is!
- Earth Cafe & Market – Amazing vegan food with a little twist, try the breakfast bowls.
- Johnny Tacos – Great value for money, perfect for small bites and drinks.
- Envy Bali – Lovely beach restaurant to watch the sunset, if it’s over your budget, just sit down, have a drink and enjoy the view.
Our top 5 things to do in Seminyak
- Walk around the shops – They have some beautiful things, be careful of your bank balance and suitcase weight though!
- Uluwatu Temple – A drive away but you can rent a bike like we did or join a tour heading here, the temple is beautiful and the scenery is amazing, if you’re lucky you’ll see a couple of turtles popping their heads out!
- Bali Safari – An amazing zoo where you’re in the cage not the animals! Worth a visit!
- Waterbom Bali – We didn’t get time to go here but it looks so much fun! A great day out.
- Surfing – When your in Bali you have to try surfing right?
Our tips for Seminyak
- Rent a scooter – Everything you want to go to is quite spread out so it makes it easier if you have a scooter.
- Be warned about Police when renting a scooter – They seem to have traps waiting for tourists to ask for a bribe if you don’t have an international licence, if you have a UK licence I don’t think you legally need one as when we questioned it they allowed us to leave without paying a penny.
- Use Seminyak as a base – Theres loads to see around thirty minutes to an hours drive away from Seminyak so its a great place to be based and be able to travel out for the day.