Our last stop in Malaysia was to the capital, Kuala Lumpur. We got the bus here from Kuala Tahan which took four hours. We were going to stay in ‘Reggae Manison’ hostel but after searching we realised we could stay in a hotel for similar price. We decided on ‘D’Majestic Place by Swiss Garden’. Here you can rent a private flat for your stay or get a hotel room, if you turn up at the hotel they have an offer for stay one night get the second for 50% off so we booked four nights and it worked out about £30 a night. The hotel itself has a rooftop pool and gym which is open until 10pm overlooking the city, its beautiful. Heres out top things to do and eat in Kuala Lumpur.
Top 5 Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- KL Bird Park – Such a good day out for all ages, birds everywhere! Make sure you feed the parrots though and watch the bird show!
- Batu Caves – Goes without saying, free admission into the cave temple. Just be wary of the monkeys if you have any food or drink.
- Barjaya Times Square Mall – This twelve story mall is quiet spectacular, it even has a mini theme park inside with quiet large rides!
- Petronas Twin Towers – Wether you admire them from afar or decided to take a trip to the top, there quiet spectacular.
- KLCC Park – We never got to go to this park but it looks spectacular, in the evening it also has dancing fountains!
Top 5 Places to eat in Kuala Lumpur
- LOKL – Amazing food, breakfast until 11:30, lunch until 3pm and then tea and cakes until 5pm!
- R.A.W Juicery and Eatery – Their food bowls are amazing served from 11:30, make sure you get there early though as once the foods gone its gone and you don’t want to miss out on these!
- Taps Beer Bar – Amazing pizzas, give the ‘Count Duckula’ ago it’s so nice!
- Geographer Cafe – Really good food and drinks, serve dinner from 6pm.
- Arabesque Express – Amazing falafels, tabbouleh and hommous, don’t miss out on the lemon mint drink either!
Our tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Use ‘Grab’ – If you need to get anywhere out of walking distance it’s so reasonable most rides cost us 5RM.
- Feed the parrots in KL bird park – it’s a fun experience along as you’re not afraid of birds!
- Get eating! – Theres so amazing places to eat in KL, our favourites are just a fraction of what there is to offer.
- Don’t have any food on you at Batu Caves – The monkeys are a nightmare and can be vicious.
- Were trousers when going to Batu Caves – If you forget they do have skirts you can hire.